Contrail Insight keeps your finger on the pulse of your environmental monitoring sensor network and data
This powerful reporting tool is included as a configurable add-on module with Contrail Base Station.
|Contrail Insight provides a thumbnail view of how sensors are performing|
Knowing how your network and sensors are performing now and over time is critical to operating any automated data collection network. To see an example of a real Contrail Insight Rainfall report, click here.
Most base station software gives you a view of what is up or down right now. Wouldn’t it be desirable to have real insight and see at a glance which sensors are having problems, which have gaps in reporting, and which are over-reporting?
Contrail Insight provides a sensor-level snapshot of hydrometeorologic activity over the period of interest, so you can quickly answer questions such as:
- How much did it rain this spring?
- What were the high and low temperatures at this site last year?
- Which stream showed the greatest change in stage last July?
- Thumbnail view of how your sensors are performing to see maximum and minimum values quickly
- See easily which sites are consistently having problems, and which ones are doing well
- Insightful views provide the essential information you need to understand the behavior of each component in your network
- Long-term perspective (e.g., week, month, year) on how each sensor is performing, and how that performance compares to peer or related sensors
- View multiple sensor data simultaneously
- Sort sensors in a variety of meaningful ways, including name, type, availability, and number of reports
- Group sensors by type and compare their long term behavior View a sensor’s data trends and history with sparkline graphics
- Diagnose a site or sensor problem to create maintenance priorities
- Reduce mountains of data into a simple, visual display